Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pirating














AHRGGG.....


I am back from playing pirate. It was a delight to have met Becky Ostroff, one of the great traditional circus performers of this time.
My experience working with divers was quit an interesting one. Ahhhh, how it is to be 18. I couldn't keep up if I tried. I figured beauty sleep and proper body care was in my favor.
The first day I got there, I ripped my hands. Oh yeah, on the infamous pull overs. The worst I have ever done. That's what 3 weeks off a bar will do to you. I had to make a nice glove for both of my hands for about a week or so. Becky and I both were always going to the store to get bandages. Between her broken nose and my ripped hands we were a site to see.
Because Becky has been around the block with many traditional circus's, I was honored to have met some of the members of the Cole Brothers Circus as well as the Kelly Miller Circus. While in New York we took full advantage of seeing the circus's. It was a blast to see behind the scenes of both and to talk old circus with people that where born in to it. My favorite part was getting 101 with the elephant master of the Cole Brothers. Elephants are very fascinating. I had know idea that they were pregnant for 2 years! 2 years! Wow!!
We hung with the Kelly Miller Circus a few times, saw the show, and had fun watching the big top being torn down as we BBQed it up at the end of the evening. Props to the guys that deal with the tent! Hard work......
We were able to give back and invite some members to Great Escapes for the day. I was able to talk with Steve and find how interesting and funny he is. Its always great to meet awesome people.
Now I am back in Brattleboro.....gigging and training.....I am so happy to see my two bears! (Grizzly and Koda)
Fly High and Walk Tall

No comments:

Post a Comment